Prevention and education are two of the most important aspects of a successful dental plan. As a part of Oak Bay Dental Clinic’s advanced dental hygiene services, Victoria, BC dentist Dr. Adam W. Pite, evaluates your oral health and determines your level of risk for diseases like tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. A personally tailored, prevention-based dental plan is then created for you.
At Oak Bay Dental Clinic, our dental plans include regular exams and professional cleanings performed by our skilled hygienists, Sarah and Jamie, at least every six months depending on your needs, as well as personalized instructions on how to implement the best at-home dental hygiene practices to preserve the beauty of your natural smile.
Dental Hygiene Services
Sometimes additional treatments are required to maintain optimum oral health. At Oak Bay Dental Clinic, our array of hygiene services includes:
- Fluoride treatment: Professional-strength fluoride is applied to the surfaces of teeth, making them stronger and protecting them against tooth decay.
- Periodontal treatment: This treatment prevents the progression of periodontal disease and returns teeth and gums to a healthy state.
- Professional Teeth Cleanings: Having your teeth cleaned regularly helps prevent gingivitis, tooth decay, and loss of enamel from teeth.
- Tooth Decay Prevention: Successful preventive care requires good oral hygiene practices at home and routine visits to the dentist.
Our hygienists, Sarah and Jamie each received excellent clinical training at Camosun College right here in Victoria and are both passionate and in pursuit of excellence in their professions. Not only will they make you comfortable and help you to achieve excellent oral health, but will also provide advice on dental restorative procedures and cosmetic tooth whitening options. Sarah and Jamie can also discuss topical (not ingested) fluoride options that can help reduce risk of cavities.
Services your hygienist will perform during your cleaning include:
- A review of your dental and medical history
- An oral cancer screening
- An evaluation of your overall oral health
- X-rays to detect decay
- Removal of stains, plaque, and tartar
- A fluoride application
- Polishing of all teeth
- At-home oral health education and instruction